Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Review of Fresh's Sugar Scrub

Hello Gorgeous! 

This review is the first of many to follow.  I was on a mission to find a great skin care line that won't break my piggy bank and still give me great looking skin!  I finally found one that actually fits the criteria.  My friend Jeffery from Neiman Marcus was kind enough to give me a gorgeous Fresh bag loaded with samples to try for 2 weeks.  Thank you Jeffery!  I can't wait to try all these glorious sweet smelling products. 

Background history on Fresh:

Fresh is a line that has been around since 1991.  The owners, Lev and Alina, started out with just soap.  Soon they pioneered the idea of a skin care line made with natural ingredients.  It all started with SUGAR!  Sugar has healing properties and Lev remembered how his grandmother use to treat his wounds with sugar.  Alina's grandmother did the same, so the two decided to bottle their wonderful idea and share it with the world.    Fresh's sugar line includes lip polish, lip treatments (honey, rose, plum, and sugar), sugar face polish, and sugar body polish. Oh and they also carry a wonderful perfume called Brown Sugar.  If you have read my earlier blogs about homemade facials, brown sugar is one of the ingredients.  




What it does:


Sugar Face Polish has strawberries that are suppose to dissolve the dead skin cells and brighten the skin.  I know strawberries are loaded with vitamin C and rich in antioxidants, so it has to work.  I cleansed my face and left it a bit wet and applied the scrub on my skin and worked it in gently.  You don't need a lot of product when using this scrub.  Maybe a nickel size amount is sufficient.  While applying this scrub I did not feel it gritty or harsh and it smelled wonderful, like sugar.  I left it on for 5 minutes and then washed it off.  I noticed that when I was rinsing it off, my skin felt SUPER smooth.  I kept rinsing because I loved the feeling!  After towel drying my face I noticed right away how bright my skin looked and how it felt incredibly smooth.  I have very sensitive skin, so I know I would have had a reaction right away.  It has been more than an hour since I used it and my skin still feels fresh and radiant, not tight or dry.  This scrub is gentle enough to use daily.  


FYI Sugar is the first ingredient and strawberries are the fifth ingredient.  I truly believe this product is going to be apart of my daily skin regime. 


My little collection of skin care for the next 2 weeks.


I promise you will love this just as much as I do.  If you are like me and don't want to buy something without trying it first, go to Sephora's or the nearest Fresh counter and ask for samples.  Department stores who sell Fresh offer free facials with the purchase of products (most places ask you to buy 2 products).  I had a Fresh facial 3 weeks ago and loved it.  They took me into a spa like room in the back and ask me to put on a plushy robe.  Inside the room the lights were dim and soothing music was playing in the background.  The room smelled wonderful!  Fresh also makes great smelling candles.  They were lit all over the room giving it a peaceful warm feeling.  I didn't want to leave.  I almost fell asleep while the Eustachian did my facial.  I will be back again for more Fresh facials in the future! You can count on it!  



No comments:

Post a Comment