Sunday, November 13, 2011

Drugstore Makeup: Review of Revlon Lipstick

Hello Gorgeous, 


I just have to say drugstore makeup is really stepping up it's game against department store makeup.  The competition is fierce!  I find more and more makeup gurus on youtube creating makeup tutorials about how they love drugstore makeup. I tend to agree with them when it comes to eyeshadow and lipstick.  I haven't tried blush or foundation yet, but that is next on my list of discoveries.  


Today's review is of Revlon's lipsticks.  I am really loving them.  The texture and pigmentation is fabulous. Here are some photos to prove that.  I already did a review of Revlon's Colorbrust lipstick in Soft Nude.  Today's review is on that same brand, but using a matte lipstick.  I am not a fan of matte lipsticks because they tend to look chalky and can make you look older.  I prefer a more creamy texture.  This lipstick surprised me.  Wearing it alone it really didn't feel dry but moisturizing.  


I have three photos of this lipstick.  The first photo is of the lipstick on my lips alone with no liner or gloss.  The second photo is with a Burgundy lipliner from MAC and the third is using a sparkly gloss by Chanel on top (you can use any gloss, I just happened to use one of my Chanel glosses).  

Revlon Really Red

Revlon Really Red using
a Burgundy lipliner from MAC

Revlon Really Red using a
Chanel gloss



Revlon Really Red

Revlon Really Red

Revlon Really Red
I prefer to wear this lipstick with a lipliner and a gloss.  I really think it looks like a MAC red lipstick. I will be buying this again in the future.  


FYI: Kim Kardashian's Makeup Artist uses Revlon lipsticks on Kim too.  She has used Siren and Ravish Me Red.  Siren is a bright orange color and Ravish Me Red is a red (not as bright as this one).


How do I rate this product

Product: 5 out of 5
Packaging:  4 out of 5
Quality: 5 out of 5
Price:  5 out of 5
Would I buy again? Yes!  

Where can I purchase this?  ULTA, Walgreens, any drugstore that sells Revlon.


ULTA is having a buy one get one 50% off right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment