Sunday, February 12, 2012

Smashbox's BB Cream! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

Hello Gorgeous!

I have been using Smashbox's BB Cream for about 2 weeks now and I have to say that this is my new favorite foundation.  Let me give you the 411 on this wonderful product.

What exactly is BB cream and who uses it? 

BB stands for Blemish Balm and is among Asia's hottest beauty products right now.  A dermatologist from Germany created it for his patients who had laser surgery and needed a rapid heal because of its soothing skin-regenerating properties.  Next thing you know a famous South Korean actress finds out about it and starts using it for beauty purposes.  BB Cream then soon spread to Japan and later to Europe and now the USA.  


I have tried the Asian brands and found that those have more coverage and only come in two shades.  I was kind of turned off by the two shades, but quickly found out that this product oxidizes to your skin color.  I actually love it!  What I know about Asian skin products is that they really put all their money into research and technology and not presentation!  If you look at Asian women they all have beautiful skin.   Could this be genetic?  I don't know for sure, but what I do know is that my skin, although is rarely troublesome, looks even more awesome than it did before.


Here is what BB cream claims to do.  


*  tinted and unlike the Asian versions it has sheer to medium coverage.  
*  SPF 35 UVA/UVB
*  Hydrates
*  Primes
*  Perfects
*  Controls oils
*  Protects
* Gives glowing flawless skin
*  Re-texturizes
*  Wears for 8 hrs.
*  Fragrance free
*  Repairs damaged skin
*  Has NO parabens or sulfates


Basically in a nut shell this cream is all your skin care and sunscreen packed into one product.  If you use this you won't need anything else.  Many sales associates told me they use it as a primer under their foundation, but can be used alone.  The way I use it is I apply it over my Too Faced Poreless Primer (LOVE IT) and then finish off with Mally's Visible Skin Bronzer in Lighter  (I got in one of her kits). I love it!  I have seen a difference in my skin.  The blemishes I did have went away.  I even had a pimple on my left cheek and in with a couple of uses of this cream it went away.  The texture feels smoother and I have found to use my exfoliator less than twice a week.


Pictures of before and after!




Smashbox BB Cream


This is the one I got a sample of at The Face Shop (Asian store) called BB Cream Power Perfection. This one comes in 2 shades.  I used Natural Beige (in Mac foundations that is between shades NC 30 - NC 40)

How do I rate this product: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 4 out of 5  (would like to see more in the tube and in a pump form)
Quality: 5 out of 5
Would I buy again?  YES!!!
Where can I purchase this?  The Power Perfection (online or at an Asian store) Smashbox BB cream right now is only available at QVC and Sephora.  It hits regular department stores April 2012.






No comments:

Post a Comment